Photo by Clem Onojeghuo on Unsplash

This time around I decided to improve my Twine story. I came to this decision based upon the feedback that was given to me by my peers in my learning pod. Once reading their constructive criticism, I agreed with their suggestions and decided to apply them to my Twine story. The main takeaway from the feedback that I was given was to write the story a little longer to make the story richer and further appealing to my potential audience. I achieved this goal by making the unsuccessful candidates in my story have more of a positive ending than an abrupt one. Either way the lesson is still learned by the user interacting with the story, but to also explain how one would succeed in after learning the knowledge they did from their first interview is also very beneficial. The way I look at it is, unsuccessful candidate gets rejected from the employer due to their unprofessional appearance, but then proceeds to score another interview opportunity, they go into that interview with the knowledge of what a professional appearance should consist of to improve their odds in securing the job position. The theory is learning where you went wrong and then applying what you learned in future instances where a similar scenario may arise. In addition to that, I realized that I could have applied more multimedia principles to my Twine story than I did before. For instance, the pre-training principle is applicable because the users interacting with the story have prior knowledge or are aware of the concept of the employment process for securing a job which makes it easier for them to follow along with the story and are able to comprehend it seamlessly. Another one that I missed out on was the signalling principle. I say this because within each of the passages, the user is shown exactly what to pay attention to on the screen. There is not a lot of writing or information on each of the passages to ensure minimal confusion and to keep things concise and to the point for the user. 

Link to Twine Story:

https://studentweb.uvic.ca/~rajbirsidhu/EDCI%20337/EDCI%20337.html