Photo by NASA on Unsplash

Click to View Google Earth Narrative Map

SAMR is a Model that was created by Dr. Ruben Puentedura. The letters of the acronym mean the following:

• Substitution: The direct substitution of a tool with no change.
  • Augmentation: The substitution of a tool with functional improvement
  • Modification: Allows for significant task redesign
  • Redefinition: Allows for new creation of tasks that been created before

When I apply this framework to my H5P interactive video, it is in the third stage of SAMR which is called modification. I believe this because I have included multiple choice questions embedded into the video which aids in the transformation to the task, which then leads to allowing for significant task redesign in the interactive video. The video content itself has not been altered and can be viewed by anyone in the world at any time in the same format. Viewers can test their knowledge by the questions that pop up and cannot continue watching the video until they answer the question. The viewers are given instant feedback whether they got the question correct or incorrect. This is a great way for individuals to gage what they need to review and what they understand. I chose the SAMR framework to evaluate my H5P interactive video because it is a great tool to understand the steps on how various aspects of technology can be integrated into learning strategies and a great framework to figure out in my instance at what stage my interactive video was at, what it could be missing, and what it includes.

https://www.schoology.com/blog/samr-model-practical-guide-edtech-integration